Saturday, February 6, 2021

Sunny Saturday - RSC21 - February

 


This month we feature Yellow. A color I was hoping for as I have quite a bit, and there are fabrics I want to use in my table topper for this month.

I spent Friday evening and much of Saturday pressing my yellows. There are several more that I overlooked earlier. Much of this stack was hiding behind the garnets, so I didn't pull them into my blocks for the month.




Earlier this week, I opened the random number generator and the first six numbers that met my criteria (one from each of the 6 chapters and has not already been made) were 9, 19, 54, 70, 75 and 86). Then came the harder parts. Last Sunday I chose the fabrics for four of the blocks and finally picked the last two sets today.


After pressing and cutting off 2.5 inch strips from my yellows, as well as a multitude of pinks (holdover from January), I had to clear some space on my table and pieced two of the blocks today.


One stash fabric, from my collections of garnets/reds and Moda Grunge in Mustard - a fabric that will appear in most of this month's blocks.


The Moda Grunge Mustard with a funky retro that I got in a box lot when I was trying to collect scrappy fabrics when I first started. I almost relegated this to the 'too ugly to use' pile and then decided I like it.


I have four more blocks to make - and a plethora of strings and scraps to have fun with for the rest of the month.

3 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Love your fabric choices. I made 48 blocks from Tula's book into a quilt...the fabric choices were the hardest part. lol. One day I'll try the remaining 52 blocks. Are you going to use a layout option from the book or make up your own?

scraphappy said...

So much fabric fun. Picking the color combination for each block is such a fun process. Looks like you have lots of fun scraps from the project to play with as well.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a marvelous selection of YELLOW fabrics and I know you will have fun with those strings!!