Saturday, February 13, 2021

Not so Sunny Saturday - RSC21

 

It is sunny in my quilt cave. Not so much outside... rain, mud, cold, more rain... so the rest of the weekend will be spent playing with fabric.


After finishing this stack, I found another, and another - so there are still a few fabrics to cut from.  I'm cutting bricks off the 2.5 inch strips, and then using the rest as strings/crumbs. The 2 inch strips are being set aside for a future project. Happily I have several empty project boxes waiting to be used.

This week has been more cutting, pressing and organizing than actual sewing. Thursday night on a zoom call with friends, I spent over an hour cutting strips from 32 different yellow fabrics and a few new pinks.


I did sit down and start some large and small string blocks last night, and promptly mislaid one of the finished yellow blocks. I will need at least four in each colorway for my Xing quilt. I started another supersized pink block with more color saturation as I wasn't wild about the first pink one. And started playing with yellows for that supersized block.


Look at the luscious strings I get to play with! Eventually they will make their way into a project box so that I don't keep lifting them from place to place.

Linking to RSC21 Scrap Happy Saturday

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work o those YELLOW scraps, Kirsten... But you forgot to mention the ICE when you were talking about the weather!! Did you guys not get any ice down by you???

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful yellows! It must be so nice to have empty project boxes and plan new quilts to fill them

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Gorgeous, fun fabrics in two great colors! Have fun with the new projects!

Kathy S. said...

That's a fun pile of scraps! Can't wait to see this project grow. It will definitely be cheery and happy like pink lemondade.