Monday, February 1, 2021

PhD Check-in - January Wrap-Up

 

One month in and a little forward progress. 

I finished a new start - Woven Hearts Table Topper

I applied the borders to the Marvel Quilt - this will go under the needle soon. I'm currently taking the String and Story Free Motion Quilt Academy, so maybe by the end of the month I'll be ready to quilt this one.

I've made a lot of progress on the Camo quilt. After I decided to use it as a Leader/Ender project, I quickly moved to nearly half the blocks done. And then spent a day trimming the completed ones and cutting more of the sandy backgrounds so that I could continue adding triangles.

Overall, I'm pleased with my progress. It is much more than the past few months so a success!

Linking to Quilting Gail - PhD in Quilting

3 comments:

Susie H said...

Great start for sure to your PHD. The placemat is really pretty and (of course) timely. I love leaders & enders. I'm always amazed at how much can get done in between the "real" project! Haha! See you next month!

Sharon said...

Very nice! I need to try again with leaders and enders; seems that I get side-tracked and end up sewing them all at once instead of alternating between projects, LOL.

Quilting Gail said...

Fantastic start to your PHd in 2021!!!
I, too, love leaders and enders! All of a sudden, you have blocks made without working on it alone!
Thanks for linking to PHD in 2021 ... and best of luck for February progress! :-)
Happy Quilting! :-)