Saturday, January 30, 2021

RSC21 - A Very Pink January


January's color was pink. Not a color I've used much of in the past, but one I very much enjoyed this month.

I completed 6 modern quilt blocks.

I played with string blocks and and started a set of crumb blocks.


 And I shopped for more pink... okay maybe that wasn't the intent for this month, but I decided I needed some deeper, more saturated pinks in my stash...


And I completed the Woven Hearts Table Topper (full story here) as part of the Table Scraps Challenge by The Joyful Quilter. 

Am looking forward to a YELLOW February. A color I have a great deal of and many scraps to play with.

Linking to Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 - Last Week of January.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! Look at all that PINK!!! I'd say you had a successful month of participation in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Kirsten. Well... except for that fabric purchase, as that is contraindicated for using up scraps. :P

karenbbsnow said...

Love your modern quilt blocks.

I made 48 blocks from the book and do have a finish from a few years ago to show for it. One day I plan to tackle the remaining 52 blocks...maybe RSC2022!

Susie H said...

You really & truly have a GREAT pink January! So many beautiful blocks and no-guilt stash enhancement is part of the reason we're using up our scraps as I see it. Good job!