Thursday, January 7, 2021

Link Up to January 2021- One Monthly Goal

 


My opening "One Monthly Goal" is to add the borders to the Marvel Lap quilt.  I bought this project at the North Carolina Quilt Symposium - I think in 2017 when Durham Orange Quilters hosted, but not positive anymore. This featured all pre-cuts with all fabric except that for the backing. It will be lap quilt sized. It was packaged in a nifty lunchbox.

 I started working on it in 2017 but got stymied by a malfunctioning Featherweight and put it away for a few months then started again at home.


During one of our Nimble Thimbles Sewing Days at the SECU Family house in 2018 I finally started assembling rows. Photo Credit to "The Joyful Quilter." I ended the day needing to attach the final partial rows on the top and bottom. And promptly stored the project. I pulled it out on New Years Day and assembled the two partial rows which are now clipped top and bottom to be sewn on. I measured the quilt before realizing I was missing the two rows, and it was very close to being square (well rectangle) - like within a quarter inch. BUT it is also about an inch longer than it is supposed to be... so I'm hoping I have enough of the border fabric. Because I either lost a piece or there was a piece missing from the kit, I had to sub in a red, so I have some of the red available in short bits. I have enough of the correct black just in case - or I could place cornerstones if necessary using my backing fabric. I found a very similar print a few years ago on Michaels.com which I'll use for the backing.


Adding borders is one of those tasks that make me crazy, and I have a stack of WIPS waiting for their borders. So, My goal this month is to add the borders to this quilt!

You too can join the fun here: One Monthly Goal - January Link-Up


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on getting the borders on your Marvel quilt, Kirsten!!