Friday, January 7, 2022

Quilting Goals for 2022

 My biggest goal for 2022 is consistency. Though this may be a challenge in and of itself as we have young dogs underfoot rather than our laid back senior citizens. That is a topic for a future posting!

Throughout the year, I'm planning to participate in several challenges.

1. Rainbow Scrap Challenge by SoScrappy- I'll be focused on crumb and string blocks for the ongoing Xing quilt and on months that have a color I didn't do last year, I'll be adding to my stack of City Sampler blocks.

2. Table Scraps by The Joyful Quilter- Joyful has expanded the definition of a 'table' this year, so lots of opportunities to play along.

3. One Monthly Goal by Elm Street Quilts- I found this challenge last year to be great for getting me moving forward and actually finishing something!  For January, I have two goals:

A. Bind the FMQA Sampler Quilt

B. Finish the FMQA Whole Cloth quilt/


If I can get both of these done by January 21st, I can finally graduate from the Free Motion Quilting Academy course by String and Story.

4. PhD in Quilting by Quilting Gail- This one will really push me! I love the challenge - and even if I don't make it all the way, it will push me to finish.  A lot of these will look familiar from last year's attempt!

The 12 quilts I'm self nominating are:

A. FMQA Sampler (pictured above)

B. Coastal Pearls Picnic Quilt

C. Sandy Breeze


D. Gus's Camo Quilt (this one is a stretch as I'm still piecing blocks - but they are generally my leader/ender blocks)

E. Celestial Circles - would love to finish this in time for Christmas 2022. It actually is fully pieced, sans borders.

F. Dr. Seuss Log Cabin - a fun quilt that was originally designated for a nephew who is now 13... I may put this one aside in case of grandchildren because I just like this one so much.

G. Daisy Top - lap sized, one of the first I ever pieced.

H. Sunflower Runner - I'm a little closer than I was a year ago with the borders partially on.

I. Country Lanes Runner

J. Fabric Face - this is a wall-hanging that I started on a Zoom Bee meeting last year as we all created ourselves in Fabric. A new addition to my PhD pile.

K. StarBright for Sean - I started similar quilts during a quilt plan challenge last year - intending them as Christmas gifts for my nephews. New goal is as birthday gifts. As I'll see them at the end of February, my goal is to get this one and the next one done by the time I head south.

L. StarBright for Christopher. I need to take a current photo as his is fully pieced now. Same pattern but in Orlando Magic colors. The quilting motifs will be very different across the two quilts.

5. As a complement to the PhD in Quilting, I'm also participating in the Ravelry Quilters Knitting Winter 2022 UFO Club - nominating many of the same quilts as above. 

Hopefully this structure/goals/challenge to myself will keep me focused and I won't freeze up as I did mid-way last year.

Linking to:

Elm Creek Quilts - January 2022 OMG

Link Party for 2022 PhD in Quilting

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Way to double-double-dip on your quilting projects. It makes for bonus motivation. See you at the end of the month for our progress reports.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy to see that you're back to blogging. About the challenge... Silly, Kirsten! I didn't redefine "table", just expanded what could be DONE with the scraps from it!!! :P