Saturday, January 22, 2022

January Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 January Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red!

Red was where I dropped off last May. I had a stack of fabrics already pulled for my Blocks and the random numbers generated in my journal, so I settled in a few Saturdays ago to pull the rest of the fabrics and get them cut so that I could work on them during the month. By late evening, they were done!


A few pieces from the Coastal Pearls quilt


A bit from the Sunflower Table Runner


The Sunflower Table Runner and FMQA Whole Cloth contributed here


A bit left from last January's Table Topper


The floral used in my Fabric Face


And finally a random red which has appeared in many of the other blocks plus a piece from my original stash.

I may try to add some string and crumb blocks during the rest of January, though I'm deep into the quilting on the Star Bright quilts at the moment.



3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad to see that you've come back to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Kirsten!! You really made quick work of those RED blocks.

Chantal said...

I don't know which book you are following or which quilt this is for but those blocks are great. I presume they finish at 6 inches. It will be fun to see this one grow. I'm in love with the flower fabric in the last picture. Wow. Beautiful progress. Enjoy! ;^)

Kirsten said...

The book is Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. You are correct that they are supposed to finish at 6 inches. As I've been a little lax with seam allowances, I'll have to be creative when it comes to dashing and layout.