My seam ripper saw a bit of action recently.
I got a bit over confident when pinning the inner border strips for the Breeze quilt...
So out came a seam ripper and then the re-stitching. Though one of the strips took me four attempts to get it line up correctly so that they would come out even.
So must remember to sew across the short sides. Much better! And this lower set is the one that was ripped apart multiple times. You can see on the lower edge where it doesn't match up correctly.
For the outer borders, I used a ruler with the 45 degree marking on it - and didn't have any issues with the seams not lining up correctly. Did have an issue with one of the strips being cut a bit wonky - so that side faces out and will get straightened out when I have finished quilting and need to trim.