Saturday, May 25, 2013

Reporting in from the Quilt Symposium

This will be brief - long and happy day today.  I took the class "No Fear Free Motion Quilting" with Sandy Fitzpatrick. I am happy to say that I am no longer terrified of Free Motion Quilting.  I did manage to run into about every problem I could and make most of the available stupid mistakes...

Tally for today - 1 stuck finger (I managed to poke it while trying to thread the needle), 2 broken needles (1 on each machine - I'm going with "old needles" - that is my story and I'm sticking with it). Shredded thread, broken thread, broken bobbin thread, miswound bobbin, forgot to lower presser foot, probably forgot to raise presser foot...



Penny and I are not getting along right now - not sure why, or what is going on, but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace the foot pedal. I've been warned by my sewing machine tech that it wasn't functioning correctly.  Slow was not an option for some reason. Very frustrating. Fortunately Bernadette was also in the car, so I switched them out at lunch. Bernadette still whips along, but I could get a slower stitch.

We spent the morning doodling and the afternoon playing with feathers.  Definitely a confidence builder.  Well off to sleep. Tomorrow (today) I'm taking "Invisible Machine Applique" with Harriet Hargrave!

No comments: