Thursday, May 23, 2013

NC Quilt Symposium!!! The pre-day...

I've made it to symposium. Sadly, I misread the schedule and arrived as the opening ceremony ended, but I'm checked in to my room and did make it to the meet & greet where I got to admire the work of many of the teachers at Symposium. There is such a great set of instructors this weekend. I'm sad that I can only take two classes - but they will be GREAT classes.

I spent my evening getting settled in and preparing for tomorrow's No Fear Free Motion Quilting with Sandy Fitzpatrick.  Having had a crazy month, I am a little behind the curve. Thankfully, in an email earlier this week, I learned that the sample sandwiches don't need to be pinned so that saved loads of time.

My bag is packed and ready to go in the morning. First stop breakfast!

In other news, we've had a crazy month.  Camped with the Boy Scouts the first weekend in May and then came home to a short nap and off to DPAC to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert with my guys. LOADS of FUN!  Mother's Day weekend we relaxed a bit. Then last weekend I trekked down to Florida to pick up furniture from my Mormor's home. My house is a bit of a wreck at the moment - something I won't dwell on until Sunday when I get home and we can get into full unpacking and furniture moving mode.  As soon as we unloaded the truck on Sunday we had to switch gears to go to DPAC for the last show of the Broadway Series - Sister Act - GREAT show. 

This week Gus has been immersed in End of Grade testing. I'll spare you my rant on the wisdom (SARCASM ALERT!) of these exams and of now adding a Science and Social Studies exam as well to meet Common Core. Suffice it to say, tears were shed by all of us this week.

I am planning to spend time in the Mom Cave on Monday once we get the dining room sorted out. And am looking forward to my energizing weekend here at Symposium!

No comments: