Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In Tonight!

Dolphin Signature Quilt

Tonight I'll be working on a special project.  Our school nurse was recently diagnosed with cancer.  I'll be using some of the 9-patch blocks I made from the challenge last fall to create a signature quilt from the kids at school.  Our school mascot is the dolphin, so I'll be using the dolphin fabric blocks and adding sashing. Next week, I'll take the quilt in to school to get it signed.

Monkey will be at the ready - helping, and probably getting bored by another trek through Pirates of the Caribbean.  She is not nearly as excited as I am by the movie opening tonight. We are planning to see the new one tomorrow at the I-Max.  Dash will likely provide his two cents as well.

3 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What a lovely thing for you to do! I'm sure that she will treasure it! Sending healing prayers from the end of ther dirt road.

Quilter Raised in the South said...

You're so good! it will make her feel so much better knowing you care that much.

Kristen said...

It has very pretty blues. It will be nice for her to have all those signatures of those kids who see her everyday.