Monday, April 25, 2011
Back in the saddle again - Celestial Circles
One change I made in the stitching was to stitch C1/C2, then C3/C4, then C5/C6, and finally C7/C8/C9 - this made it easier for me to press the seams to the correct side - leaving me to wrestle with fewer flips of the quilt while pressing after joining the four sets together. I'm still working on the coordination. The other thing I found that in enlarging this project is that it is longer than my ironing board is wide, so I was stacking and restacking sections as I pressed. Happily, I only ripped out part of one seam yesterday in the process - I wasn't paying enough attention at the end and it was beyond wonky.
And the finished product, sans borders. But we are getting closer and closer to the borders class.
There will be three borders on this - the first being the celestial teal to float the circles, the second the yellow from the rings and the third a marvelous print. I will also piece the back from more of the collection.
I finally photographed the finished Asian Nights variation last night as well.