Monday, April 25, 2022

Where did April go?

 I woke up Saturday convinced it was the last Saturday in April. Happily we have another week. 


Savvy and his partner in crime, Abby, have been dominating my Saturdays as I have back to back obedience classes with them. Won't schedule that again, especially as it is heating up and harder to manage leaving a dog in the car. I look at the weather each Saturday morning to guestimate if I might accidentally cook a puppy. One more class to go, and if it is too hot, someone is staying home.


Two more penguins have been added to my collection. I accidentally switched beak/foot fabrics and decided I like the contrast better, so didn't rip anything out. These are fun!


I am about halfway done binding the Rose Chandelier.

Sadly, I found two little rips in the backing, likely from when Gus yanked the quilt away from Savvy. I think it caught on the metal crate. So I'll be spending some time this week appliqueing some little hearts or roses on the back to protect the repair. I'm planning to tuck a little fusible web underneath to hold the fabric in place. I also need to make the label.




And finally - I have not only finished sewing corners onto Gus's Camo quilt squares, I utilized a few phone and zoom calls with family, and got everything trimmed an pressed, and have even assembled the center of the quilt.

Next step is to audition border fabrics. In true Gus form, 'whatever you like Mom.' I know the big border will utilize the national parks fabric - topographical maps. Suits the quilt theme quite well. I'm trying to decide if I want an inner border, and if so, which one.

Overall, this has been a productive month, and I'm heading for the home stretch with a finish and a leap forward.


No comments: