Saturday, April 30, 2022

April's Accomplishments

 As April winds to a close, it was a busy month with several goals met.

Savvy and Abby have regular play sessions, several times daily. Some happy mud wrestling and lots of chase and tug. He will be 5 months old this week and starts Rally Obedience training next month. He is now as long, if not longer than Sera and about to be as tall as she is. Soon she will be back to being the smallest dog in the house.

I've been out and about, finally remembered to plan to attend our quilt guild meeting this past Monday, then we had a zoom bee on Tuesday.

One Monthly Goal & Projects Half Done


Gus's Camo Quilt (Pecking Order) moved from a pile of blocks to a flimsy in need of borders over the last weekend. What started as, I'll get these stacked and ready to sew together (my goal was to complete the last of the blocks) moved to, "I can get the rows sewn together" to "wow, the center is done." Monday at guild, I auditioned a few borders during social hour and Tuesday night got the first of the small borders cut and pinned. 


I also have a finish - meeting my One Monthly Goal: the Rose Chandelier is bound and ready. I do need to make two small repairs on the back thanks to Savvy who offered to chew on it again while I was binding. After his morning play session, he actually fell asleep on the couch with me while I was stitching. Puppies are cute when they sleep. While not a UFO, this is a new finish for 2022 complete.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge


Two more penguins joined my waddle this month (it would be a raft if they were in the water). Pink for April.


Teal for February.  Waiting to see the color for May, I'll likely be adding more modern blocks as well as a new penguin in May, possibly two as I need to start making some large penguins as well.


Until next month, Savvy says have fun and play in the mud (or whatever makes you happy).

Linking to:
Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2022 - Hosted by Angela at So Scrappy
One Monthly Goal - Hosted by Elm Street Quilts
PHD in 2022 - Hosted by Quilting Gail


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Little Savvy is adorable! I love your Rose Chandelier quilt - such a pretty background fabric. And the Penguin blocks - wow! Where did you find that pattern? I've used lots of Penguin prints in my projects, but never actually stitched a penguin.

Helen Anne said...

Your penguins are so cute! Congratulations

Susie H said...

I love your penguins! Great job on catching them up for RSC. Also even if not a PHD project, a finish is a finish. Fantastic! Sweet Savvy even if a chewer. Haha!

dq said...

Oh those penguins!!! Love the pink one the most.

Quilting Gail said...

I love your penguins!!! So cute!
Congratulations on all your progress!
Thank you for Linking to PHD in 2022!