Monday, March 28, 2022

Yellow! Wrapping up the month

 


I got a late start on the Penguin Parade Quilt Along hosted by designer Annette Ornelas of Southwind Quilts. As I'm going a bit off book and doing rainbow penguins on a midnight blue background, instead of traditionally colored penguins, I decided to spread these out to coincide with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Also, as I was so laser focused on the Starbright quilts in February, I didn't do much other piecing.  I spent a delightful evening prepping the quilt (cutting endlessly) and piecing the Yellow and Red Penguins.

Once I have more done, I'll go in and stitch the curves down on the folded pieces. This will be a fun lap quilt. I've decided to add a piano key border using the rainbow fabrics to enlarge the quilt a bit from the published size.

As I created Yellow blocks last year for my 100 Modern Blocks quilt, I used this month to catch up on the aqua/teal blocks.

As I was doing last year, I used a random number generator to come up with 6 blocks (one for each chapter/style) rather than get stuck trying to pick the perfect six blocks.










So instead of getting stuck choosing blocks, I get stuck choosing fabrics.  We've been alerted that April is Pink, which I did last year, so I'll focus on Penguins and other pink projects next month.


I also worked on the Sunflower Table Runner this past week, and finished quilting - this one incorporates both Yellow and the floral theme for this month's Table Scraps.

Link to:
Table Scraps Challenge - March 2022 - hosted by the Joyful Quilter
Rainbow Scrap Challenge - hosted by So Scrappy

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful job on the quilting, Kirsten!! You'll have a finish before you know it. :o))
Thanks for linking with the March 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party! Looking forward to seeing if PINK and/or WORDS will work for you during April's Challenge.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Hear! Hear! Congratulations for breaking past the expected and making rainbow penguins instead. So much fun. The midnight blue background will keep the focus on these playful birds.