Monday, March 7, 2022

March Goals

One Monthly Goal & PhD in Quilting 2022

 My One Monthly Goal for March is to finish the Sunflower Table Runner which I started back in the fall of 2011.

I finally put mitered borders on this in January!

Sunday, when I went to work on it, I couldn't find the fabric I set aside for the backing, so I started auditioning other fabrics. Then I pulled my bag of scraps from the quilt and found a two yard strip of the border print. Not quite wide enough, but slap on some strips of fabric left over from the front on either side and we are well on our way to a reversible runner.

I then created Frankenbatting from the offcuts from my nephews' quilts and am ready to roll. Just need to finalize a quilting plan, this one is basted and ready to go under the needle. Also need to decide on fabric for the binding.

I'm also planning to work on Coastal Pearls as that one has been basted and ready to go for several years. This was started in Summer 2013 when I participated in the String of Pearls Quilt-along. My sister's birthday is in April - would be nice to get this done and on the way to her before the end of next month.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Table Scraps

The color of the month is Yellow/Gold. I made Yellow blocks for my 100 block sampler last month, so I caught up on February's Aqua/Teal over the weekend. I am going to start my penguin parade, so look for a yellow/gold penguin later this month.

The Sunflower Runner works very nicely for this month's Table Scraps!

Linking to: 
One Monthly Goal - Elm Street Quilts

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on finishing the Sunflower runner, Kirsten!