Thursday, February 3, 2022

February Goals

My January was filled with momentum and my overall goal is to keep it up in February. 


I've got several quilty and non-quilty goals for the month. These are not necessarily presented in order.

Global goal - CLEAN and ORGANIZE. The impetus for this will be revealed later, but suffice it to say, I need to get a handle on my space. Plus, I feel more motivated to start something when I can easily find and reach the tools for a project. I've still got fabric in bags on the floor that needs to be organized and put away so that it can be used.  Case in point, while composing this paragraph I thought about a set of notes I made a few weeks ago - spent 20 minutes recycling paper. Never found the notes. I need a better system.

Journal - I would like to write in my quilt journal at least weekly if not more often.


Quilty Goals

One Monthly Goal for February & PhD in 2022

I am really enjoying these challenges as an organizing point. I have completed 2 of 12 UFO so far and 1 of 3 new/anticipated starts.  Achieving goals at the moment is easy because I have a few hard deadlines I'm trying to meet.

This month I have a lofty goal - to finish two quilts for my nephews. I pieced the Star Bright quilts last summer with the best intention of these being for Christmas. As we can see it is now February. Nephew one celebrated his birthday in January and nephew two will celebrate in March. I'll be travelling to Tallahassee this month and plan to gift them both while I'm there.


Star Bright for Christopher is almost done. I've completed all the background quilting and just have to add the motifs in the center of the stars. Then hopefully I can trim without mishap and wrap the backing to the front to create the binding.


Star Bright for Sean needs to be quilted. I've made my plan and I've got everything pressed. I do need to piece the backing and sandwich - so hopefully I can start quilting this in earnest by Saturday.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge & Table Scraps

This month's theme is Teal/Aqua. Awesome! I have lots of those fabrics. I've used the random number generator to select the blocks for the month. This will have to take a back seat though as I need to have the Star Brights done by February 16.  

I've decided to participate in Southwind Designs Penguin Parade Quilt Along. I see some technicolor/rainbow colored penguins in my future. They will make a fun addition to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.

Corgi Goals

Sera and I are launching our Rally Obedience Career this month starting during our trip to Florida. We have a lofty plan of 8 trials in 5 days - Hopefully we will come home with her Rally Novice title and perhaps even Rally Intermediate title.

We started Rally Obedience classes in October after she healed from her spay. She catches on quickly and most mistakes in class these days are on my end of the leash. So, fingers and paws crossed that I don't screw it up too badly. I'm so proud of my silly girl. We've come a long way in the last five months.

When I did Rally with Dash over a decade ago there were three titles (RN, RA (Advanced), RE (Excellent)).  The sport has really grown and there are now Master's and Championship titles to chase. Sera and I are starting to learn the Advanced signs and starting to practice our off lead work. She seems to enjoy it and I'm having fun with her.

Linking to:
February 2022 One Monthly Goal hosted by Elm Street Quilts


4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with completing the quilts by the time you leave for FL. The RSC and the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge can wait for your return!

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Sewing at the Rock said...

Your quilts are beautiful! I love the corgis. My brother has two, and they are precious!

I have a rat terrier, a standard poodle, and a rescue "mutt." Our fur babies make life more interesting, to say the least!