Monday, June 24, 2013

Coastal Pearls - String of Pearls Quilt-Along


 String of Pearls is a Quilt-Along organized by Christa at Christa Quilts.  I've chosen a charm pack by Moda called Ocean View for my pearls.

I'm following about a half step behind as the charm packs are 1/2 inch smaller than the directions given. Also, I prefer strip piecing the charms onto the accent strips - and then trimming rather pre-cutting the accent strips for the boxes.


The short strips fit eight charms each. So far I've used 5 and a quarter width of fabric navy strips.


The next step will be to cut these apart and press the first sides. Then on to the next 5.25 strips.

I took a break from quilting over the weekend and went to South Mountain State Park with our Boy Scout troop. We hiked about 10 miles up and down the mountains on Saturday.







No comments: