Thursday, June 9, 2011

More quilts from the NC Quilt Symposium

I am just in awe of the talent and creativity so many of these quilts represent.  Here are a few more of my favorites from the symposium.
Little Red School House 2010 - made by Sally Cascario. 
Each of the school houses is a different red fabric. The border then
uses all of the reds to tie it all together and is just stunning.
First prize winner in Pieced Bed Quilts
Enchanted Forest made by Marilyn Wunsch. Pattern is by Renee Peterson.
I am in awe.  I love the colors and would love to hang this in my house.
Must first learn to paperpiece...  2nd prize, Small Wall Hanging.
Americana made by Carol Robinson.  3rd Prize Wall Hanging Large.
I think this one is stunning in its simplicity.  It reminds me of a Hawaiian Style quilt.
I am fascinated by the miniatures - and the workmanship that goes into them.

Top to bottom - left to right:
Amy's Choice made by Sheila Wright. (3rd prize)
Lilliputian Floral Urns made by Mary Abbott Williams (1st prize & Best Hand Quilting)
1011 Pieces made by Amy Takaoka Losordo started in a workshop with George & Gini Siciliano, Glow in the Dark Pattern. (3rd Prize)
Scrap Happy Repro made by Kary Guinn
Broken Dishes mady by Candy Joehrendt
Mini-Compass made by Jan Struble (2nd Prize)
Hand Pieced Baskets made by Carla Handshaw
Star & Geese made by Joanne Lentz




The detail for the birds is incredible in this lovely quilt.
Favorite Songbirds made by Wanda Thompson, quilted by Kim Zebrowski.
This mother and daughter team appliqued and hand quilted this amazing quilt.
Judge's Choice winner.





A very unusual quilt in the Studio Art category - I'm including the card as I really like her description.

Going Green or Not by made by Lois Griffith



And last but certainly not least - the one I picked as viewer's choice...
Deco Beauties made by Kate George & quilted by Cathy Kirk.  These gorgeous ladies
are dressed in 1930's high fashion.

No comments: