Our teacher paired us up to pin, and my table partner was able to quickly help me pin everything together. I am using Pinmoors to pin instead of safety pins and I like them a lot. But then, I've rarely met a gadget I didn't like.
|Another example of the inconsistency|
|Walking foot got hung up.|
Due to leaving class to collect Gus, I didn't get as much done in class as I would have liked. However, my partner did help me select fabric for the borders. We auditioned several patterned fabrics and decided that with the heavy concentration of zebras in the borders that solid black is really the way to go.
However, not finishing the quilting in class forced me to evaluate my home setup and CLEAN off my sewing desk somewhat so that I didn't end up knocking anything off. I do like quilting at the house versus in class better as at home, my machine is set into the table and maneuvering is easier without the added height.
One of the fabrics I auditioned a week earlier for the backing is a smaller zebra print in the same collection as the zebras in the large patches. Our assessment was "a whole lotta zebras." So I went with predators for the backing. Now, had I chosen the backing earlier, I might have chosen a less intense gold for the four patches on the front. But overall, I'm quite happy with the results.
|Trimmed and squared and ready for binding|
|The final binding fabric - solid black works nicely with both patterns.|