I tried multiple color sets for this project. I thought I had finally decided on one and then discovered that I didn't have enough fabric in a few of the colors as they were fat quarter cuts instead of half-yard cuts. So I headed into my stash - I had already decided this would be one project instead of two - and chose the Asian Nights as I wasn't sure what to do with a square quilt. I drafted a few color combinations once I settled on this grouping of fabric.
So far I've sewn all of the strips together and cut the pieces for the first small four-patch.
For this project, I'm using Niagra heavy starch in a pump bottle. I've been experimenting with different brands, though I did pick up a gallon of Best Press to refill my bottles once I run out of the other starches. I do like the pump bottles over the aerosols.