Tuesday, June 7, 2022

June's Goals

 Summer is upon us. As Gus is no longer in school, it doesn't have quite the ring it used to.  Now we have more flexibility to travel - though we do have to work around Mike's teaching schedule.

Quilty Goals

My One Monthly Goal for June is to quilt the Country Lanes Table Runner. This is one of the pieces that I applied borders to in May. I found a length of fabric long enough that I didn't have to sew anything together to make a backing - though I did have to frankenbatting the batting. This is a long runner, made longer by the triangular ends which I added a bit of the border fabric to in order to avoid chopping up the horse blocks.  It is sandwiched and ready to go - I just need to decide on a quilting plan.  If I can get the momentum going, Sandy Breeze and Coastal Pearls are also sandwiched and ready to quilt!

Corgi Goals


Earlier this month, Savvy and I went to his first conformation show in Concord. I entered him in the 4 to Under 6 months class to give the two of us ring experience with no pressure. He did all that I could ask of him and was completely chill, even splooting next to the ring while we waited our turn.

Later this week, we have a Rally trial where Sera and I are hoping to finish her RA (Rally Advanced) title and Savvy will enter his first RN (Rally Novice) trial. Then we will spend the rest of the summer perfecting so tasks so that Sera can move on to Rally Excellent and later Rally Masters. I joke that I broke my show dog - she prefers not to STAND. Actually she doesn't see much use in changing position - Sit to Stand to Sit to Down to Stand...  Courses that are primarily heeling are much more fun for her.

Linking to:

No comments: