Saturday, June 18, 2022

Summer Blooms Mystery

 

Annette Ornelas is hosting a mystery! Summer Blooms started on June 7 and is set to run through June 28. After a very slow start for me - much of it involving not being able to choose fabric from my stash, I finally set out to work on it.  The first four clues have been revealed.


I decided on the Table Runner versus committing myself to another lap quilt. Especially as I have the Penguin Parade in progress. First step was to cut/subcut the strips for each clue.


Last night, with the fourth clue in hand, I pressed the folded strips and triangles while on a zoom call with family. This will hopefully mean that I can fly through and finish the piecing for the first four clues with ease today!

I also need to clear Molly's table so that I can start quilting a few of the sandwiched projects and check them off my list.


Nothing blue today - but I am set to enjoy sewing after a morning spent defying puppies. Abby the Blue Heeler decided to find a new way to get from the yard to the screen porch (so perhaps a nod to blue). Eventually this will be allowable - but as she has proven - 20-30 year old screen is weak - so we need to rescreen before letting her have the run of the porch.


This dog is a perpetual motion machine - so a rare period of lap time when she was actually still for a few moments.


Savvy is hopefully entered in three Rally trials this summer while I'm in Florida. Sera is staying home with Mike, so she gets a break and will start trialing again in September/October. Savvy, at 6.5 months, is still growing! He is about 30 pounds now and finally looks like he is catching up with his feet. He is about as long as Abby and can more than hold his own when they wrestle.

Linking to:



2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yep! You totally need to put Molly though her paces. The end of June is fast approaching!!

Susie H said...

Good job catching up on your clues. I find myself doing that often too because I love jumping on board SAL, especially mystery ones!