Thursday, June 30, 2022

June Wrap-Up

 

I have a finish! 

My One Monthly Goal was to quilt this runner. This is also one of my PHD in 2022 finishes.

The Country Lanes Table Runner is a project from Quilter's Academy Freshman Year that I started in December 2010. This one taught me about creating the angled border and then binding angles that are not a perfect 45 degrees. I still have some work to do on that. Once I decided to do an allover meander in the body of the runner, the quilting went quickly.  There are feathers in the border.

This thing is huge. Photo for scale - I'm almost 5'6". Once I added borders it became more huge. It drapes nicely over each side of our table, and I predict it will still drape nicely even when the table is fully extended. It could also serve as a nice bed runner.  Batting is frankenbattinged from offcuts of other projects and the backing came out of my stash and was chosen by virtue of being long enough that I didn't have to piece it.

New Starts

I finished the blocks for the Summer Blooms Mystery Table Runner. Layouts were revealed today and they don't thrill me. However, I love the layout for the lap quilt - so I'm currently cutting fabric to move from 8 to 25 blocks. No pictures until next week when the mystery is finished.


I also started and nearly finished a cute little table runner with some improvisational piecing.

Linking to:

One Monthly Goal - June Finishes

PHD in 2022 June Report




No comments: