Tuesday, April 6, 2021

PhD in Quilting - March Report


 Overall, not much to report for March.

I working on the Marvel quilt in March, and moved it from a flimsy to nearly fully quilted. This past weekend, it graduated to quilted and is ready to be trimmed and bound. I predict I will have at least one finish in April.

I completed a new start - the Beachy Table Runner. I've even mailed this off to my sister in Florida!

And I have a new start that will be a bit challenging for me to quilt. My bee decided to create ourselves in fabric. We gathered on a daylong Zoom session. I'll likely pull out my clear thread to secure the applique and then add some motifs in the background to represent other aspects of myself.

I will likely sub in some UFOs for a few quilts on the list - not sure which will be dropped yet.  Up for consideration are:

Dash art quilt.  I've actually progressed much farther than the picture shows. This was started in 2011, based on a picture of him at a year old. I lost him in May 2020 just shy of his 15th birthday, and have challenged myself to complete it by the anniversary of his death.

Sunflower Table Runner. Started in the fall of 2011, it still needs borders, quilting, and binding.


Country Lanes Table Runner. Started in fall of 2010, it also needs borders, quilting and binding. My assistant is now 20, and stands at 6 feet tall, so quilts are no longer are at risk of dragging in the rare NC snow.

Linking to PhD in Quilting - March Report

1 comment:

Susie H said...

Isn't it funny how some of our quilts need so much time to percolate their way to a finish. The Marvel quilt looks like a lot of fun. I too am predicting that you'll have a finish for April! YIPPEE! Progress!