Thursday, April 29, 2021

Marvel Quilt Completed - Goal Accomplished


Celebration is in order. The Marvel Quilt, started in 2017, is done! My goal for April was to finish quilting, sandwich, and bind this quilt.


Tuesday night, with less than one side left to bind, I headed out to the hockey rink to watch my son play for the first time since February 2020. I shared the bound end of the quilt with his girlfriend while I stitched down most of the last edge.

Last night I put a movie on Netflix and put the final stitches in. Now to wash and pass on to the aforementioned son who has claimed this as his.

Linking to One Monthly Goal - April Finish

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Great finish and so nice it was 'tested' for warmth while finishing off the binding. Lets hope as all the vaccines are given we can get back to 'normal'. Love your quilting by the way.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kirsten! Congrats on finishing your April OMG project. A Marvel quilt sounds like loads of fun. I have two grown (33 and 30) nephews that would really like it, I know! I am intrigued by the online FMQ class you took, as well as your sit-down Sweet Sixteen setup. I came this close | | to buying a similar setup with a Juki but eventually decided that the possible maintenance was just too far away - over two hours. Anyway, I'm so glad you stopped in my blog! I look forward to reading more about your quilting journey. ~smile~ Roseanne

Patty said...

Awesome quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations of completing this super fun UFO, Kirsten!!