Saturday, April 17, 2021

Carolina Blue Skies - RSC 21


 This week was largely a week of pressing corner blocks for the Bright Start QAL quilts. I did complete my 6 modern blocks for the month.



This month the blocks feature only blues (with a little white).


They are also in a tight color palette - with a limited number of fabrics across all the blocks.


My flying geese are steadily improving. Triangles still are not my favorite thing to piece.


I'm not entirely certain what shape this is... but it is done.


I really enjoy the geometric nature of this block and the contrast. I may try to incorporate something similar into a future Table Scraps project.


And here is my favorite dolphin fabric. I'm finally down to just scraps of this versus yards and yards.

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on getting these Light/Bright BLUE blocks done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Kirsten! I'm particularly fond of Block No. 28 for some reason. You chose the perfect block to include those dolphin scraps!

Kathy S. said...

I have 100 of these blocks setting on the shelf. I still haven't decided how to set them. Someday... I shall watch yours grow beautifully for now.

Susie H said...

I really like #28. This looks like it's been a fun project. Great collection of blue fabric and yes, the dolphin fabric is my favorite too!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com