Thursday, May 6, 2021

PhD in Quilting - April Report


 In April I spent time practicing Free Motion Quilting as I worked through activities in the Free Motion Quilting Academy.  

In preparation for the Final Project, I pieced the sampler. In May I'm hoping to make progress and finish it in May or June, so eventually this will be a completed new start.

The Table Scraps Challenge led me to compete a topper for one of our bedside tables. 



The coordinating topper for my side is quilted and ready to bind, so one new start completed and one new start in progress.

My biggest accomplishment for April was completing this fun UFO. The Marvel quilt is done and ready for my son. I spent an evening sewing on binding at the ice rink, watching him play for the first time in 15 months. It was nice to get out of the house. The lighting at the ice rink works really nicely for quilt photography, so I may have to head up there with future projects.  When I first started quilting, Gus was playing youth hockey, so this is not the first quilt I've bound rinkside.

Linking to PhD in 2021: April Report

1 comment:

TOOD MILLER said...

I am really impressed with the blue pattern and designs. Thank you team by digitizing embroidery